- Operation – High/slow speed (up to 70 mph), various terrains (gravel, improved, unimproved, etc.), day/night
- Wheeled/Tracked – Retrofit automated vehicles (commercial vehicles, HMMWV, T-72 tank, etc.)
- Common Control Platforms – Silhouette vehicle representations on an automated platform
- Multi-Vehicle Missions – Individual vehicle control, formation, and coordinated time of arrival
- GPS-Denied – Advanced INS and wide-angle video streams
- Autonomous – Pre-programed path following, system health telemetry, or sensor enabled
Once automated, the HMGVT is then controlled using a robust command and control ground system, enabling the automated vehicle to perform practical locomotion combinations that include forward/reverse, steering left/right, and parking in either tele-operational, path following, or autonomous modes. Advanced capabilities are also available for missions that require GPS-denied, vehicle formation, and convoy operations. To ensure safe operation, there are a number of manual and automated safety systems available, including vehicle-mounted and independent remote E-Stop controllers, as well as automated fault monitoring systems identifying any loss of command, navigation, and obstacle detection conditions.