Kratos’ FISMA Readiness Assessment service enables an agency to assess its security program and degree of FISMA compliance ahead of annual reporting requirements. Performing such a proactive assessment allows ample time to address compliance gaps, prioritize efforts for maximum scorecard improvement and build a sustainable program for FISMA score consistency.
Kratos’ cybersecurity experts have expertise in assisting federal agencies with their FISMA compliance initiatives. Kratos instills confidence in an agency’s environment by evaluating activities against all scorecard categories – including annual testing, Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M), Certification & Accreditation (C&A), configuration management, incident detection and response, training, and inventory.
Kratos’ FISMA Readiness Process
Kratos provides an accurate view of an agency’s FISMA preparedness, recommends actions to increase an agency’s scorecard grade, and delivers an enhanced understanding of an organization’s security posture. Beyond a simple checklist, Kratos experts:
- Verify not only that essential security controls, programs, and metrics are in place, but that they are also operating effectively
- Evaluate an agency’s environment and develop a report indicating an agency’s degree of FISMA compliance
- Identify gaps where controls, programs, or metrics are incomplete, missing, or ineffective
- Recommend remediation strategies to increase an agency's FISMA score
- Collaborate with the agency to fill identified gaps
Benefits of FISMA Readiness
- Improve FISMA compliance by leveraging Kratos’ expertise and well-defined assessment process
- Enhance an organization’s security posture with actionable findings and recommendations
- Build a sustainable compliance program
- Enhance preparedness for the next Inspector General audit