Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Kratos,” “we,” or “us”) are committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice provides information about the data about you that we collect, store, and use during the recruitment process. It applies to anyone in the European Economic Area (EEA) or California Residents that apply to work for us, whether as an employee, worker, contractor, consultant, or intern (“Job Applicant” or “you”).
This Privacy Notice describes your personal data that we may collect, store, and use during the recruitment process. The specific types of data that we collect, store, use, and share will depend on the position to which you are applying, the nature of the recruitment process, and what data you provide us. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kratos is a data controller of the personal data of Job Applicants. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal data about you. Our addresses are: Kratos Communications Ltd., 17 Princes Park, Fourth Avenue, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0LQ, United Kingdom; Kratos Communications S.A.S., 57 Rue Marco Polo, 31670 Labège, France; FTT Deutschland GmbH, Schmiedestraße 2, 15745 Wildau, Germany, FTT UK Limited, Unit A6, Cranmer Rd, Derby DE21 6XT, United Kingdom; Kratos Norway AS, Martin Linges vei 25, 1364 Fornebu, Norway.
The types of personal data we collect and hold about you
The categories of personal data we may collect and hold about you may include:
- Personal contact details, such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, and personal email addresses;
- Personal details such as date of birth, gender, and nationality;
- CV’s, resumes, or cover letters or any other related documents included as part of the application process, whether requested by Kratos or not;
- Information about your right to work in the country where the position you applied for is located;
- Professional details, such as your work history, qualifications, training, certifications, professional membership, education, experience, and employment references; and
- Selection information, such as correspondence, interview notes, and internal notes.
We also may collect, store, and use the special categories of personal data relating to your racial or ethnic origin, trade union membership, or data concerning your health.
We collect, store, use, and share this information to:
- process your application and correspond with you;
- assess whether you have the required skills, experience, qualifications, and training for the position to which you applied;
- make informed recruitment decisions;
- verify the information you provide us;
- ensure that you have the legal right to work in the country where the position will be located; and
- keep appropriate records of our recruitment process and decision.
How we collect your personal data
We primarily collect your personal data from you when you fill out an application form; provide us with your CV, resume, or cover letter; correspond with us; or when you interview or meet with us in connection with the recruitment process. We may also collect your personal data from third parties, such as references supplied, , third-party service providers, and from publicly available information, such as LinkedIn.
The legal basis for processing your personal data
Kratos must have a legal basis for collecting, storing, and using your personal data. We rely on one or more of the following basis to legally process your personal data.
- We need your personal data to take steps to enter into a contract with you, and we will retain the personal data to perform that contract.
- We need your personal data to comply with our legal obligations. For example, the obligation not to discriminate during the recruitment process or to ensure the Job Applicant has the legal right to work in the country where the position will be located.
- We have a legitimate interest in processing personal data during the recruitment process so that we can manage the recruitment process and so we can select the most appropriate Job Applicant for the position.
- We may need the personal data to respond to and defend against legal claims.
For the special categories of personal data, Kratos must have additional legal grounds in addition to those above that we rely on to collect, store, and use that information. The additional legal grounds that we rely on may include the following.
- We may collect, store, and use health information to determine whether we need to make reasonable adjustments as part of the recruitment process for Job Applicants with a disability. We need this information to comply with a legal obligation or exercise a legal right.
- We may collect, store, use, and share information about your race, ethnicity, or gender to ensure we provide equal opportunity to all Job Applicants.
- We may collect, store, and use information about your nationality or ethnicity to determine whether you have the legal right to work where the position will be located.
We will not make any decisions about your candidacy that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making.
Sharing your personal data
We may transfer your personal data outside of the EEA to an affiliate or parent company in the United States. The information may be shared with hiring managers or others participating in the recruitment process or as part of the recruitment process. If you communicate with us through email, your personal data may be held in our IT network. We ensure appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your personal data, including participation in the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
In addition, we may share your personal information with service providers, such as those that perform background checks.
Consequences of not sharing your personal data
You are not required to provide us with your personal data, and we only ask you for information that we need to decide whether to offer you the position that you have applied for. If you do not provide us with your personal data that is necessary to consider your application, we may not be able to process your application further. For example, if you do not provide us with the documentation we need to check your right to work in a particular country, we may be legally prohibited from employing you.
How long will we keep your personal data?
We will keep the personal data you provide to us throughout the recruitment process. If your application is successful, we will provide you with our Employee Privacy Notice when you start work for us. If your application is not successful, we will keep your personal data for up to five years after we notify you of our decision. How long we retain your personal data may depend on the applicable retention policy or limitation period so that we can show, in the event of a legal claim, that we have not discriminated against candidates in violation of applicable law.
Your rights in connection with your personal data
Under certain circumstances, you have the legal right to: (1) request access to, correction, and/or erasure of your personal data; (2) object to our processing of your personal data; and (3) request a copy of your personal data, or have a copy thereof sent to another controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format under the right of data portability. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you believe that Kratos did not properly respond to your rights request or if you have any other complaints about the way we collect, store, and use your personal data, you may lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority.
This section supplements the Privacy Notice above and is specific to California residents. The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires certain disclosures that are covered in other sections of this Privacy Notice. This section provides an overview of the information required by the CCPA and how to exercise your rights.
Disclosures about the use of your personal information
As described above, to process your application and consider you for the position, we have collected and used the following categories of personal information in the past 12 months:
- Identifiers such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- Sensory data, such as voicemails you may have left with Kratos;
- Professional or employment related information, such as current or past job history; and
- Inferences drawn from other personal information, such as your ability to perform the position for which you have applied.
We will disclose the information described in the first bullet point with service providers.
Kratos does not sell personal information and we have not done so for the 12-month period preceding the last revision date of this notice.
Your rights under the CCPA
You can learn more about your rights under the CCPA and how to exercise them here. In general, you have the right to know:
- The categories of personal information.
- The categories of sources for the personal information.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
You also have the right to request that Kratos delete personal information that we collected about you.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights, which means we will not deny goods or services to you or provide different quality of services.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about this notice, the ways in which Kratos collects and uses your information, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Postal Address: Kratos Defense & Security Solutions
Attn: General Counsel
10680 Treena Street, 6th Floor
San Diego, CA 92131
Last Update: January 2020