In today’s evolving threat landscape, periodic security assessments providing a snapshot in time of a federal organization's security posture is not enough.
New risk management methods, such as DHS’s Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Information Security Continuous Monitoring (ISCM), are addressing the challenge by helping agencies move away from historical compliance reporting toward combating threats in real-time.
When planned, implemented, integrated, and maintained correctly, ISCM/CDM can dramatically increase the effectiveness of an organization’s information security risk management program.
Kratos provides continuous monitoring services to maintain the security posture of civilian and defense environments. This includes providing Continuous Monitoring as a Service (CMaaS) to federal agencies as part of the CDM program and supporting ISCM efforts.
Using proven processes and automation tools, we help agencies replace the traditional once a year “snapshot” assessment with ongoing monitoring of security systems, providing a faster and more cost-effective approach.
Benefits of Continuous Monitoring
- Provide a near real-time view of risk versus traditional “point-in-time” legacy risk methods
- Reduce overall impact on an organization by facilitating more effective management processes through mature risk scoring
- Streamline processes for continuous monitoring and security risk assessment
- Automate many manual tasks to reduce time and resource constraints
- Remediate issues pro-actively rather than waiting for a future assessment to uncover the failure
- Attest to compliance with greater accuracy, reducing threats, breaches, and audits
- Identify and mitigate risk by significantly reducing vulnerability exploitation time windows