Small Business Program
Kratos recognizes the important contributions small businesses make in bringing forward innovation, while creating job growth and sustaining our country’s economy. We believe that small businesses, including small disadvantaged, women-owned, veteran-owned, service disabled veteran-owned, HUBZone firms, as well as historically black colleges and universities/minority institutions, bring forward agility and expertise to assist Kratos in supporting our customers and their missions.
Our collective experience and innovative ideas are vital to jointly building a business, while solving our customers’ requirements. Teaming with small businesses is fundamental to Kratos’ business objectives:
- Maintain our competitive position as an industry leader
- Grow our customer affinity
- Contribute to the communities in which we live
This focus reinforces Kratos’ commitment to our customers, employees, shareholders, and communities while helping small enterprises grow their business.
Kratos combines technical know-how and deep domain knowledge to deliver solutions that support our customers’ missions. We seek small businesses that can provide complementary skills and niche-type offerings and possess:
- Strong past performance
- Technical certifications
- Customer knowledge and intimacy
- Commitment to ethics
- Financial stability
- Understanding of federal acquisition processes
- Necessary industrial security clearance
Almost all teaming and subcontracting activities are accomplished through active marketing. Kratos typically will seek small business teammates well in advance of the release of an RFP. Small businesses interested in engaging with Kratos need to articulate the following:
- Unique capabilities relevant to a specific contract or RFP
- Past performance that is relevant to a forthcoming RFP
- Knowledge of a specific opportunity
- Knowledge of customers and their needs
Kratos seeks to engage small businesses not only as a subcontractor, but will also work with select qualified small businesses in pursuing strategic small business set-asides where Kratos can bring strength to the team. Primarily, we seek companies that are committed to building long-term relationships.